About the Company
123Stores is one of the largest sellers on Amazon.com, selling over 150,000 products with over 250,000 feedback ratings & an overall 95% positive customer experience. 123Stores offers products from over 300 brands like Ashley Furniture, Coaster Company of America, Walker Edison, Home Meridian, Crayola, Crosley & Ubiquiti Networks.
We have investments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) & University of Notre Dame and are ranked #231 in the Internet Retailer 2019 Top 500 Guide and #689 in the Inc. 5000 list of 2017’s fastest growing companies.
We've just moved into our new facility in New York, ready to take on the next stage of our growth by building an energetic, vibrant, and dynamic sales team.
Please visit https://www.123stores.com
The Amazon Marketplace is rapidly evolving, and as an AVP (Category Management), reporting to the VP (Category Management), you will have ownership over a category like furniture, electronics, sports & outdoors and be responsible to achieve revenue & profitability goals.
You will manage the staffing, training, development & performance of the buyers, category managers & account managers within your category, who in turn work closely with brands to understand their current retail strategies, and using our data driven tools, help the brands develop and execute impactful online strategies.
- Identify the strategic direction of the category and communicate the vision and inspire the team to develop plans and identify new opportunities.
- Work with brands on emerging trends, assortments, and business strategy and to ensure maintenance of strong relationships, maximize cost savings and identify and assess new sourcing opportunities as needed to ensure the plan is achieved or exceeded.
- Establish and sustain interactive relationships with external brands and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Achieve or exceed sales and margin goals for respective category. Manage and approve divisional assortment strategy, brand alliances, forecasts, buying plans and budgets. Ensures negotiations result in the best product and price.
- Oversee and manage the staffing, training, development, performance assessment, and disciplinary actions within area of responsibility.
Qualifications & Skills
- An MBA degree
- Five years of relevant strategy and senior retail leadership experience required.
- Deep understanding of buying, marketing and planning processes.
- Experience across a variety of merchandise categories from both the full-price and off-price sectors preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, collaboration, and motivation skills with the ability to work across the organization required.
- Strong analytical, critical, and strategic thinking skills with the ability to effectively develop and refine strategy required.
- Excellent negotiation and influential skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Understanding of the business, marketplace and relevant technologies with excellent business and financial acumen required.
- Polite, friendly and amiable disposition.
- Requires the right combination of attention to detail, grit, perseverance and curiosity to help brands understand the opportunity in on-line retailing.
- A competitive base salary, with an attractive commission.
- Opportunity to grow to the next level in 2 -3 years’ time.
- Attractive medical, vision & dental package.
- Retirement 401k Plan.
- 10 days paid vacation.
- Commuter benefits (Uber Pool)
- Fully stocked kitchen and lots of coffee!!
- Regular company outings to celebrate success. Happy hour events!